Support Georgia's Veterans and members of the National Guard and Reserve by signing our pledge of support! Georgia has one of the highest numbers of returning soldiers, and it is imperative that our state take critical steps to ensure that soldiers who so valiantly and selflessly served our nation get the help they need transitioning back to civilian life and into the workforce.
Sign up to take the pledge and consider Georgia's Veterans for your hiring needs. We can help you find the best-possible job candidates and better place the right people in the right positions. Veterans will be able to find veteran-friendly employers in their area that have signed the pledge and made a commitment of support.
The Governor's Office of Workforce Development (GOWD) was created in August 2006 to improve the job training and marketability of Georgia's workforce and drive future economic growth for the state. GOWD through the State Workforce Investment Board (SWIB) has made veterans a priority in Georgia's workforce system.
The Georgia Department of Labor (GDOL) is dedicated to serving veterans, their spouses and employers. GDOL staff can assist veterans with: finding work; transitioning into the workforce; building career skills; credentialing military experience and training; and accessing state and federal veterans services to support veterans, their families and employers. GDOL offers comprehensive services through their Career Centers and additional services online.
- Submitting Job Order Requests
- Filing and Paying UI Taxes
- Submitting Work Permit Job Information
- Filing a Partial Claim
- Tax credit incentives to reduce the cost of hiring new employees
- Advertisement of job opening on State web site
- National Labor exchange web site
- Recruitment assistance, including services onsite at businesses or interviewing at one of our career centers
- VOW to Hire Heroes Act 2011 - Information for about tax credits for hiring long-term unemployed and/or service-connected Veterans.
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
- ESGR develops and promotes employer support for Guard and Reserve service by advocating relevant initiatives, recognizing outstanding support, increasing awareness of applicable laws, and resolving conflict between employers and service members.
- Get Local Help
The Technical College System of Georgia provides a unified system of technical education, adult education , and customized business and industry training.
Hire Our Heroes offers resources to employers which make it easier to find veterans with the skills needed to fill job openings..
Many veterans struggle to market themselves effectively. Employers receive resumes every day from veterans, but hiring managers have trouble understanding the military lingo and identifying transferable skills. Hire Heroes believes a solution to the problem is to train job-seeking veterans to find and attain employment, while creating opportunities for employers to meet those veterans.
Get Local Help
Find a Veterans'
Easily find detailed information for all local agencies and organizations serving Georgia's veterans.See All
View employers who have
signed the pledge:
- Ensuring the most skilled workforce
- Increased occasions of interviews
- Working to enhance employment opportunities for Georgia's veterans.
Take advantage of
your priority of service.
Connect with these resources that will help you easily get back into the workforce and transition you into civilian lifeLearn More